What better way to start off the new year than by reflecting on all the Lord did in the last? Through YOUR donations and God’s faithful provision, 2016 was a fruitful year of growth for SGU.
In 2016, SGU:
- Served over 108,460 meals to children
- Tested over 100 children for Malaria at our medical clinic for street children
- Treated 40 children with life threatening Malaria
- Housed over 80 street children during the rainy season and the election uprising
- Put 44 children in primary school and 10 in secondary school
- Grew crops on three acres to supplement food for SGU’s village and school
- Led 70 street children to faith in Christ Jesus (Praise God!!!)
- Provided leadership training on mentoring to 21 primary & preschool staff
- Increased SGU school enrollment to over 325 students
- Led 9 community members to faith in Christ Jesus
- Put in a drainage system at Saving Grace Primary School
- Built an outdoor pavilion for shade
- Provided hospital care for four children with life threatening Malaria
- Provided food and clothing for hundreds of street children
- Implemented the Street Youth Vocational Training Program with success
- Completed the street boys’ shelter at Uncle Fred’s House by adding windows, doors and beds
Uncle Fred taught the Million Leader Mandate training program by Equip to the SGU staff after going through the training himself. The aim of this training is to raise up effective leaders to fulfill the Great Commission.
Finally, in 2016 our own Philips and Ivan (pictured below) won best in a mathematics contest in Northern Uganda! This is huge! These two boys are former street kids who have been taken in by SGU and through God’s redemptive power are now thriving! We are so proud.
With the start of a new school year, we are hopeful looking ahead in this New Year and trusting the LORD to continue to provide beyond what we can ask for in 2017. Join us this year as part of the SGU family in praying for the least of the least in Uganda.